Random Ramblings & Rantings

Random Ramblings & Rantings
This blog is for me to "voice" my thoughts.
I, of course, think about many different things at different times which means I may seem to ramble at times and even rant at times.
I welcome your comments hoping that they will lead to discussion.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

just some thinking outloud: religion

Just some thinking outloud, with some research, has strengthened  my spirituality and allowed me to look at religion with different eyes. I have found that there is a huge difference between spirituality and religion. That difference has become very important to me.


Spirituality is an inner, life controlling, state of mind for me. It determines my actions and reactions. The state of my spirituality is continually expressed to others by my demeanor and attitude. I judge the strength of my spirituality by determining whether or not I am serene and happy. My spirituality is a very personal thing between me and God. This state of personal spirituality does not allow other people to affect it.


Religion has come to mean many different things to different people. Most people seem to have a prejudice against religion and often cite examples of "religious" people acting in very non-religious ways. This prejudice seems to allow them to denigrate anything related to religion or anyone professing religion.  

What is not readily apparent to most is that these people prejudiced against religion are, by making a judgment, expressing a degree of spirituality. That spirituality is the basis they use to determine right or wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment