Random Ramblings & Rantings

Random Ramblings & Rantings
This blog is for me to "voice" my thoughts.
I, of course, think about many different things at different times which means I may seem to ramble at times and even rant at times.
I welcome your comments hoping that they will lead to discussion.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

just some thinking out loud about: Compassion

This is just some thinking out loud about: Compassion.

I know of a family that expresses their compassion by adopting a particular breed of dog. Rather than allow these dogs to be put down they are adopted and cared for in the home just as if they were children. I’m talking 4 to 8 animals within the household, within the house.  I know this has to be costly in both time and money.

By example and other organizations TV ads this family seems to think that others should do the same as they do.  I have no problem with them doing that but I have no intention of doing it.  I prefer to express my compassion in other ways.  

I wonder how much these people are concerned with the suffering of other humans.  Do they have compassion for their fellow man as well as animals?  How do they express that compassion, if they do?   I doubt if this particular family provides charity for other humans in any meaningful way if at all. 

They seem to have assigned all their compassion to these animals that they have rescued. I wonder how much effort they make to care for someone else not something else.  It is a choice they are free to make and I relish in that freedom .  I prefer to express my compassion by helping my fellow man.  I think that is an obligation as well as a freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment