Random Ramblings & Rantings

Random Ramblings & Rantings
This blog is for me to "voice" my thoughts.
I, of course, think about many different things at different times which means I may seem to ramble at times and even rant at times.
I welcome your comments hoping that they will lead to discussion.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

just thinking out loud about a dichotomy

This is just some thinking out loud about a dichotomy I recognize which I have not been able to resolve.  It may be that this requires no resolution yet it is on my mind

I do not believe the government should be doing things for people that they should be doing for themselves,  I think if we give up that right to government it will be used to control us in many different ways.

I have a grandson who went through a drug rehabilitation program. He definitely needed the program but had no insurance or assets to pay for the program. I am sure that government monies (tax dollars) were used to pay for his participation.  That disturbs me.

How do I resolve the fact that my grandson received some help, not a cure, because tax dollars made the program available to all when I don’t want the government involved in this type of a situation.  I know that he, or his family, should have paid for this program. That didn’t happen because of an inability to pay on his and their part. 

He and by extension I benefited from the expenditure of tax dollars.  I want my grandson to get all of the help possible.  I just have a problem with that help coming from the government.

1 comment:

  1. Good point. I don't know how we resolve many conundrums, irreconcilable 'issues' (for lack of a better word) ... except by returning them to our mysterious Creator and laying them at His Crucified Feet. Sometimes I see myself like a child bringing flowers to my loving parent. Most of my 'flowers' are dandelions or wilted and pretty grungy, but my Father is so loving, He smiles anyway. Other times, I'm afraid I'm just the stray mutt gathering castoff junk and bringing it to my Master. But either way, He is pleased. I don't understand, but I trust that He does.

    ReplyDelete